XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Enterprise helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
For detailed information on using and customizing the XMetaL Author Enterprise, please check
- XMetaL Author Enterprise Evaluation Guide (pdf)
- XMetaL Author Enterprise User’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Customization Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Programmer’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Technical information
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 16.0
- Archiving linked documents. It allows creating backup (zip) of documents opened in XMetaL editor or XMetaL “Find in files” cross-files operations results including referenced content and images.
- This release of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes inline attribute editor. It provides multiple utilities and allowing finding, editing attributes in element under the cursor. All actions can be completed via keyboard only.
- XMetaL can now restore the last selection in opened document.
- XMetaL now supports application level XMetaL Application Customizations (XAC).
- New XMetaL API allows running macros asynchronously when XMetaL entered to idle state or triggered by external events: “specific time elapsed”, specific file(s) changed or specific application terminated.
- XMetaL now supports XMetaL SharePoint Online (Cloud) Integration including: navigation, versioning operations, importing, CMS operations, XMetaL-CRCL integration, search operations, app configuration, SharePoint 2013 on premise server support.
- This version of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes DITA Open Toolkit Releases 220.127.116.11, 2.4.4, and 2.0. The default setting is for XMetaL to use DITA OT 3.6.1. It includes performance enhancements such as processing in parallel and in memory and an updated preview of features for the latest draft of the upcoming DITA 2.0 standard.
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations