XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Enterprise helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
For detailed information on using and customizing the XMetaL Author Enterprise, please check
- XMetaL Author Enterprise Evaluation Guide (pdf)
- XMetaL Author Enterprise User’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Customization Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Programmer’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Technical information
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 18.0
- XMetaL users have the option to integrate Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered web services from OpenAI (ChatGPT), Microsoft (Bing AI), and Google (Google Bard) into the editor environment. These advanced services offer real-time feedback, context-aware prompts, and AI-generated suggestions to enhance and improve document content.
- XMetaL users have the option to integrate the Grammarly web writing assistant service into the editor environment. Grammarly offers advanced features for improving vocabulary usage, rephrasing, and checking for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- XMetaL GIT (distributed version control system) Integration assists authors in managing the history of document content changes.
- This version of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes DITA Open Toolkit Releases 4.0.2. The updated DITA 2.0 preview includes updated processing support for the latest drafts of the DITA 2.0 DTD and RELAX NG grammar files from OASIS.
- The XMetaL Styling Assistant and Active Document view provide a user-friendly WYSIWYG environment for modifying document styles. It is done by adding or overwriting customization default CSS styles.
- Improved XMetaL DITA Map editor enhances and facilitates documentation development and maintenance.
- In XMetaL 18.0, XMEdge ActiveX control can be embedded into the Active Document as an image or referenced content viewer.
- The recently added CTM properties aid in setting up how attribute values are displayed in the attribute inspector.
- Various customer feature requests and defect fixes are addressed.
For detailed information on new features, please check
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations