XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Enterprise helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 13.0
We’ve made several improvements to the Map Editor to help you manage the display of large and complex maps:
- Right-click on a subtree (“Scope To This”) to restrict the view of a map to just that subtree.
- XMetaL remembers a list of your recently-selected subtrees and allows you to choose among them.
- Enter a text phrase in the “Filter map” box to restrict your view to items matching your entered phrase.
- View submaps “in place” (read-only) by expanding them as you would any other subtree.
- The Map Editor’s lower panel can be toggled between the attribute-inspector view and a preview of the topicref you have selected.
- Map Editor Quick Outline feature allows you to rapidly create topicref hierarchies in your map with the option of automatically generating new topics.
- Two new “publishing” options allow you to create ZIP archives of entire DITA maps or folders.
- Much-improved Schematron support now includes XSLT2 and Schematron “phases” support, many more configuration options, and a hot-linked results display allowing you to jump directly to the location of reported errors in your content.
- Attribute Inspector panel (in the main editor window) will auto-suggest values for attributes that you have used elsewhere in the same document.
- XMetaL’s table editor will auto-suggest values for cells corresponding to values you’ve entered in other cells in the column.
- User-configurable Quick Symbols popup puts your most commonly-used Unicode characters a your fingertips (Ctrl+Shift+S).
- Quick Writing Tools popup (Ctrl+Period) is the new fastest way to get to dictionary and thesaurus suggestions (Ctrl+F1 in the popup for help).
- This version of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes DITA Open Toolkit Releases 3.0.2, 2.4.4, and 2.0. The default setting is for XMetaL to use DITA OT 3.0.2.
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations