XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Enterprise helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
For detailed information on using and customizing the XMetaL Author Enterprise, please check
- XMetaL Author Enterprise Evaluation Guide (pdf)
- XMetaL Author Enterprise User’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Customization Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Programmer’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Technical information
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 17.0
- The bookmarks and comments utility allows marking active document text as a bookmark, grouping bookmarks, adding bookmark comments, and finding and highlighting bookmarks.
- The XMetaL Resources Manager supports XMEdge ActiveX control hosting. XMEdge ActiveX control allows bidirectional interactions between XMetaL and Microsoft Edge.
- The find text on WEB utility uses integration with Microsoft Edge and allows finding selected text in an active document on the WEB and returning results back to XMetaL.
- XMetaL Author Enterprise now includes DITA 2.0 authoring support using DTDs. XMetaL adds support for the new DITA 2.0 domains and elements along with many other changes that are part of the DITA 2.0 (preview) spec.
- This version of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes DITA Open Toolkit Releases 3.7.2, 2.4.4, and 2.0. DITA-OT 3.7.2 includes stable IDs in re-used content, a common variable format for generated text strings, and an updated preview of features for the latest draft of the upcoming DITA 2.0 standard.
- Support for DITA-OT publishing log file analysis is improved.
- New XMetaL APIs allow running specific XMetaL scripts in synchronous and asynchronous modes and managing document text highlighting.
- This release includes fixes that increase application performance, high-DPI monitors support, and various customer feature requests.
For detailed information on new features, please check
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations