XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Enterprise helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 15.0
- The Quick XMetaL Navigation tool allows you to easily find and use any command you can run. It includes context-sensitive search, grouping, sorting and filtering as well as customization options.
- XMetaL now supports Markdown syntax. You can write documents in Markdown as well as convert documents into Markdown and convert Markdown documents into HTML and MS Word Document.
- This release of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes a new XMetaL whiteboard feature that provides a convenient way to get to and define your favorite and frequently used actions, and gives you control of customizable quick access buttons in the toolbar.
- You now have more control over the opening, closing and viewing of documents in a tab groups in an XMetaL pane.
- A writing tool for correcting or replacing a word under the cursor, activated by hot key, has been updated.
- XMetaL can now provide a notification when a new version or an update to the current version is available.
- XMetaL now supports zoom in or out on XML content for more comfortable reading.
- This version of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes DITA Open Toolkit Releases 3.3.4, 2.4.4, and 2.0. The default setting is for XMetaL to use DITA OT 3.3.4.
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations