XMetaL Author Essential XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Essential helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Able to work with XML standard for structured content, XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand. Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Essential 13.0
- Much-improved Schematron support now includes XSLT2 and Schematron “phases” support, many more configuration options, and a hot-linked results display allowing you to jump directly to the location of reported errors in your content.
- Attribute Inspector panel (in the main editor window) will auto-suggest values for attributes that you have used elsewhere in the same document.
- XMetaL’s table editor will auto-suggest values for cells corresponding to values you’ve entered in other cells in the column.
- User-configurable Quick Symbols popup puts your most commonly-used Unicode characters at your fingertips (Ctrl+Shift+S).
- Quick Writing Tools popup (Ctrl+Period) is the new fastest way to get to dictionary and thesaurus suggestions (Ctrl+F1 in the popup for help).
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector