XMetaL Author Essential XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Essential helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Able to work with XML standard for structured content, XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand. Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Essential 16.0
- Archiving linked documents. It allows creating backup (zip) of documents opened in XMetaL editor or XMetaL “Find in files” cross-files operations results including referenced content and images.
- This release of XMetaL Author Essential includes inline attribute editor. It provides multiple utilities and allowing finding, editing attributes in element under the cursor. All actions can be completed via keyboard only.
- XMetaL can now restore the last selection in opened document.
- XMetaL now supports application level XMetaL Application Customizations (XAC).
- New XMetaL API allows running macros asynchronously when XMetaL entered to idle state or triggered by external events: “specific time elapsed”, specific file(s) changed or specific application terminated.
- XMetaL now supports XMetaL SharePoint Online (Cloud) Integration including: navigation, versioning operations, importing, CMS operations, XMetaL-CRCL integration, search operations, app configuration, SharePoint 2013 on premise server support.
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector