XMetaL Author Essential XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Essential helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Able to work with XML standard for structured content, XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand. Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
For detailed information on using and customizing the XMetaL Author Essential, please check
- XMetaL Author Essential User’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Customization Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Programmer’s Guide (pdf) or Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
- XMetaL Technical information
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Essential 17.0
- “Bookmarks and comments” utility allows marking active document text as a bookmark, grouping bookmarks, adding bookmark’s comments, finding and highlighting bookmarks.
- XMetaL Resources Manager supports XMEdge ActiveX control hosting. XMEdge ActiveX control allows bidirectional interactions between XMetaL and Microsoft Edge.
- “Find text on WEB” utility allows finding active document selected text on the WEB and returning results back to XMetaL by using integration with Microsoft Edge.
- New XMetaL API allows running specific XMetaL scripts in synchronous and asynchronous modes and managing document’s text highlighting.
- This release includes fixes that increase application performance, high-DPI monitors support and various customer’s feature requests.
For detailed information on new features, please check
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector