XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes.XMetaL Author Enterprise 10.0 helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 10.0
The 10.0 release is packed with new features including:
- DITA 1.3 support preview –We’re proud to be the first major DITA authoring tool to bring you support for the upcoming DITA 1.3 standard. Our “DITA 1.3 preview” includes implementations for scoped keys, branch filtering, new topic types such as troubleshooting, new domains, and more, all available with an easy toggle switch between DITA 1.2 and 1.3 editing capabilities.
- Bi-directional support – Author content in right-to-left languages including Hebrew, Farsi, and Arabic. This feature applies to all XML document types.
- Schematron support – Perform additional validation by applying ISO Schematron rules to a document open in XMetaL.
- Text Casing Assistant – Change the capitalization on selected text with the touch of a single hot-key. The assistant cycles through several common types of capitalization including all lower, all caps and sentence case.
- Automatic DITA reuse refactoring – When you create a new keydef-with-keyword or XMetaL Reusable Component, XMetaL will search your entire DITA map for occurrences of the newly reused content, and give you the option to refactor any or all of them to the same, new reuse relationship.
- DITA Open Toolkit 2.0 – Take advantage of the latest bug fixes and updates to the quintessential DITA publishing system.
- Other updates – As always, many more fixes for customer issues and other minor updates from previous versions have been rolled into the product. (See the “readme” file for more details.)
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations