Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 10.0
|The 10.0 release is packed with new features including:
- DITA 1.3 support preview –We’re proud to be the first major DITA authoring tool to bring you support for the upcoming DITA 1.3 standard. Our “DITA 1.3 preview” includes implementations for scoped keys, branch filtering, new topic types such as troubleshooting, new domains, and more, all available with an easy toggle switch between DITA 1.2 and 1.3 editing capabilities.
- Bi-directional support – Author content in right-to-left languages including Hebrew, Farsi, and Arabic. This feature applies to all XML document types.
- Schematron support – Perform additional validation by applying ISO Schematron rules to a document open in XMetaL.
- Text Casing Assistant – Change the capitalization on selected text with the touch of a single hot-key. The assistant cycles through several common types of capitalization including all lower, all caps and sentence case.
- Automatic DITA reuse refactoring – When you create a new keydef-with-keyword or XMetaL Reusable Component, XMetaL will search your entire DITA map for occurrences of the newly reused content, and give you the option to refactor any or all of them to the same, new reuse relationship.
- DITA Open Toolkit 2.0 – Take advantage of the latest bug fixes and updates to the quintessential DITA publishing system.
- Other updates – As always, many more fixes for customer issues and other minor updates from previous versions have been rolled into the product. (See the “readme” file for more details.)