XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes. XMetaL Author Enterprise helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 11.0
The 11.0 release is packed with new features including:
- Official DITA 1.3 support
- Includes ability to work with scoped keys and branch filtering.
- Templates available for all new topic and map types.
- Support for new domains (release management, XML mention, SVG and MathML).
- XSD support now available in addition to DTD support.
- 64-bit native support
- Both 32 and 64-bit installer options are available.
- New and improved DITA Map Editor
- Multi-level undo/redo
- Improved and enhanced tree display of ditamap markup
- 10x faster loading than before
- Will not let you make invalid maps
- Built-in attribute inspector
- Conditionalizing map possible directly in the map editor
- Advanced table editing features available for any table model
- Formerly available only for HTML and CALS (or OASIS Exchange) tables.
- Now includes simpletable, reltable, and all other specialized table types in DITA 1.3.
- Latest DITA Open Toolkit v.2.2.1 integrated
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations